David E.K. Abramson is a film & TV editor based in Los Angeles, California.
- CURRENTLY: Step Up: High Water Season 2
- NEXT AVAILABILITY: around January, 2019
Edited Seasons 2 & 3 of Shadowhunters on Freeform (1-hour fantasy/action/drama)
Edited Seasons 4 & 5 of Switched at Birth on Freeform (1-hour drama)
Creative picture editing – from theatrical features to one-hour drama series – is my usual bread & butter.
Past employers have included ABC Family / Freeform, Amazon Studios, SONY/Columbia, Columbia International, Disney, Disney TV Animation, Dreamworks, Paramount, and Warner Bros.
Notable projects include Freeform’s Shadowhunters (based on Cassandra Clare’s The Mortal Instruments series), Freeform’s Peabody Award-winning series Switched at Birth, Amazon Studios’ 2015 single-camera comedy pilot Table 58, SONY/Columbia’s documentary concert film Michael Jackson’s This Is It, and Dreamworks’ sci-fi miniseries Taken, executive-produced by Steven Spielberg.
Between larger feature and TV projects, I occasionally take on interesting independent features and non-narrative programs.
Past projects have included Tamas Harangi’s award-winning debut feature thriller The Advocate, James R. Gorrie’s award-wininng debut feature drama The Indian starring Matt Dallas, an elaborate 45-minute documentary on the making of Wolfgang Petersen’s classic film Das Boot coinciding with its 30th anniversary Blu-ray release, and a concert film for Sky performed by Matthew Morrison of Glee.
- On TV: Shadowhunters, ep3.10 “Erchomai”
- On TV: Shadowhunters, ep3.07 “Salt in the Wound”
- On TV: Shadowhunters, ep3.04 “Thy Soul Instructed”
- On TV: Shadowhunters, ep3.01 “On Infernal Ground”
- On TV: Shadowhunters, ep2.18 “Awake, Arise, or Be Forever Fallen”
- On TV: Shadowhunters ep2.15, “A Problem of Memory”
- On TV: Shadowhunters ep2.12, “You Are Not Your Own”
- On TV: Switched at Birth, ep5.09 “The Wolf Is Waiting”
- On TV: Switched at Birth, ep5.06 “Four Ages in Life”
- On TV: Shadowhunters, ep2.08 “Love is a Devil”